1. FESTIVALS: Kartik Poornima ( November 6 this year ) is also known as Tripuri Poornima or Deva-Deepawali - the festival of lights of gods. It derives its name from Tripurari - an epithet of Bhagwan Shiva. Shiva in his form as Tripurantaka killed Tripurasura on this day. This victory is celebrated by lighting lamps. This day is also called "Dev-Diwali" - the Diwali of the gods. Kartik poornima is also the birthday of Matsya, Bhagwan Vishnu's fish-incarnation (First Avatar).
2. AT UN GENERAL
ASSEMBLY, PM REBUKES PAKISTAN FOR ITS KASHMIR OBSESSION:
3. BUST OF SWAMI
VIVEKANANDA INSTALLED IN PARIS: On
the eve of the anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s speech at World Parliament
of Religion in Chicago (September 11, 1893), Bharatiya Ambassador Arun K.
Singh alongwith Mr. Marcel Pochard, President, Cite Universite, Mr. Bikas
Sanyal, Director, Maison De L’Inde and Swami Veetamohan, President
Ramakrishna Mission, France, unveiled the bust of Swami Vivekananda at the
Cité internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP) in Paris on 10th
September, 2014. CIUP is located in the 14th arrondisement in
4. MESSAGE OF
UNIVERSAL ONENESS: DATTATREYA HOSABALE: Hindu
5. DR. MOHAN BHAGWAT
SHBIR 2014 ORGANISED BY HSS
7. MOM SENDS FIRST
PICTURE OF RED PLANET: As
Bharat proves a point beyond its space exploratory capabilities by sending
its spacecraft Mangalyaan to the Red Planet, it started beaming pictures of
Mars from day one of its orbit insertion. An ISRO team, led by ISRO Chairman
K Radhakrishnan and ISRO Scientific Secretary V Koteswara Rao, presented the
pictures to the Prime Minister in
8. SEVA BHARATI TO
ADOPT 60 VILLAGES FOR REHABILITATION: Sewa
Bharati and Mata Amritanandamayi Math together are going to adopt around 60
severely flood hit villages of Jammu & Kashmir for permanent rehabilitation.
These are the villages where impact of the flood is huge and not only the
houses, but also the agriculture land has become useless for several years
due to silt. “We are conducting survey of the damage and the exact number of
such villages will be ascertained only after the survey report,” said RSS
Akhil Bharatiya Sewa Pramukh Shri Suhasrao Hiremath after visiting the
affected areas of the State. Rashtriya Sewa Bharati general secretary
Rishipal Dadwal accompanied him in
9. LORD GANESHA
FIGURE IMMERSED IN
10. ‘BODHI' TREE GETS A PLACE IN VIETNAM'S PRESIDENTIAL PALACE: A second sapling of the revered ‘Bodhi’ tree from Gaya in Bihar was planted in Vietnam’s Presidential palace on 15th September by Bharat’s President Pranab Mukherjee, 55 years after Bharat gifted the first offshoot of the holy tree to this Communist country.
11. NINTH HINDU
MANDIR EXECUTIVES CONFERENCE CONCLUDES: Over
200 adult and youth delegates representing over 85 Mandirs and Hindu
organizations, from across the world, attended the ninth annual Hindu Mandir
Executives' Conference (HMEC) that was held from September 19 -21 in
Orlando, Florida USA. It was co-hosted by a record 47 Hindu temples and
Hindu organizations from across the
12. RSS ON UPSWING - With more shakhas, online recruits, and mainstreaming of agenda, RSS on upswing - It may be an 89 year old organisation, identified as representing a more conservative set of values. But the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is witnessing steady growth. With more shakhas, online recruits, and mainstreaming of their agenda, the Sangh - ideological parent of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) - is on the upswing.
14. KAILASH YATRA
BREAKS ALL PAST RECORDS: A total
of 909 pilgrims have visited Kailash Mansarovar this year, setting a new
record of sorts. The yatra is an annual affair which passes through
Uttarakhand and goes till Kailash Mansarovar in Tibet Autonomous Region
15. INTEL, SNAPDEAL, INFOSYS AND OTHERS INTRODUCING YOGA AMONG THE WORKFORCE: Companies - from Indian Railways to companies like Intel, Snapdeal, Jabong, Infosys and Maruti Suzuki - are introducing yoga and pranayama among the workforce to stem the impact of the various ailments.
16. THREE BHARATIYA-ORIGIN LEADERS ELECTED TO NZ PARLIAMENT: Three Bharatiya-origin politicians Kanwaljeet Singh Bakshi, Dr Parmjeet Parmar and Mahesh Bindra have successfully made it to the 121-member New Zealand Parliament in the just-concluded general elections.
17. OBAMA NAMES
BHARATIYA-AMERICAN RICHARD VERMA AS BHARAT ENVOY: In
a first of its kind, President Barack Obama has nominated Bharatiya -
American Richard Rahul Verma as the next
18. 1 LAKH AND COUNTING: TCS IS NOW TOP EMPLOYER OF WOMEN: In a landmark for India Inc, the number of female employees at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has crossed the one-lakh mark, making it the country's biggest employer of women in the private sector. Women now comprise one-third of the IT major's 3.06 lakh workforce. This makes TCS, also the most valued company in Bharat, one of the top employers of women in the technology sector globally. The top slot is held by IBM, which has an estimated 1.3 lakh women out of a workforce of 4.31 lakh.
19. AYURVEDA, A RAY OF HOPE FOR ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE: Natural News, a health portal dedicated to wellness, has come out with the news that herbals and plants found in Bharatiya subcontinent are capable of reducing the chances of Alzheimer’s disease. Along with herbs and plants, it is Bharat’s traditional system of medicine, Ayurveda, the West sees as a ray of hope.
20. CHANDRABABU NAIDU HOLDS PAPERLESS CABINET MEET: Taking a step further in eGovernance, the Andhra Pradesh state cabinet has now gone paperless.
NON-EUROPEAN BHARATIYA LAW LECTURER AT
22. IIM CALCUTTA
RANKED BEST B-SCHOOL IN ASIA: The
premier Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
23. EIGHT BHARATIYAS IN FORTUNE LIST OF POWERFUL ASIA-PACIFIC WOMEN: As many as eight Bharatiya women, led by ICICI Bank chief Chanda Kochhar, have made it to the Fortune list of 25 most powerful women “shaping the new world order” in the Asia-Pacific region.
24. SHRI VISHWA
NIKETAN: Pravas: Shri
Dattatreya Hosabale will return Bharat after finishing his tour to
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed. - Bhagavad Gita - goTop